Chicken Wild Rice Soup with Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/4 cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1. Prepare rice mix according to package directions, omitting butter. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the chicken, mushrooms and onions in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Add the prepared rice, broth, tarragon, thyme and pepper; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and evaporated milk until smooth; stir into rice mixture. Return to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Garnish with green onions. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 120 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chicken Wild Rice Soup with Mushrooms
"Very good soup, I made it without the mushrooms as I don't like them. This would be good with a homemade crusty bread on a cold night."
"Delicious! I did leave out the mushrooms as DH does not care for them. Great for a cold day."
"made this soup and it is sooooooooooo goooooood.. I will be making it again and again...Love it."
"I added a few things to make it my own and it is now a family fav. I would make it over and over."
"So easy and so good. I use left-over chicken and canned mushrooms."
"This has become one of my favorite soups. It's really delicious. Please try it."
"Big hit at an office gathering! Everyone wanted the recipe!"