Dried thyme and tarragon add much flavor to this hearty soup. Every time I make it, it receives many compliments.
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/4 cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions, omitting butter. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the chicken, mushrooms and onions in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the prepared rice, broth, tarragon, thyme and pepper; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and evaporated milk until smooth; stir into rice mixture. Return to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Garnish with green onions. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Chicken Wild Rice Soup in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p46
Reviews for Chicken Wild Rice Soup with Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review