- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/4 cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions, omitting butter. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the chicken, mushrooms and onions in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the prepared rice, broth, tarragon, thyme and pepper; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and evaporated milk until smooth; stir into rice mixture. Return to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Garnish with green onions. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Chicken Wild Rice Soup with Mushrooms
Sort By :
Very good soup, I made it without the mushrooms as I don't like them. This would be good with a homemade crusty bread on a cold night.
Delicious! I did leave out the mushrooms as DH does not care for them. Great for a cold day.
made this soup and it is sooooooooooo goooooood.. I will be making it again and again...Love it.
I added a few things to make it my own and it is now a family fav. I would make it over and over.
So easy and so good. I use left-over chicken and canned mushrooms.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken and Rice Soup >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Soup >
- Mushroom Soup Recipes >