Chicken Wild Rice Soup
"Because this warming soup takes advantage of several convenience items, it's very quick to make," assures Gayle Holdman from Highland, Utah. "It's perfect for casual entertaining, because you can keep it warm in the slow cooker. The pot is always scraped clean."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5-2/3 cups water
- 1 package (4.3 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 envelope chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, combine water, rice with contents of seasoning
- packet and soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 10 minutes. Stir in the celery, carrot and onion.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in chicken soup and chicken.
- Cook 8 minutes longer or until rice and vegetables are tender.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 242 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 1,239 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.