Chicken Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 5-2/3 cups water
- 1 package (4.3 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 envelope chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, combine water, rice with contents of seasoning packet and soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the celery, carrot and onion.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in chicken soup and chicken. Cook 8 minutes longer or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Wild Rice Soup(19)
Sort By :
A bowl of love! This is a great soup to make for someone who is recovering from illness. It is warm and comforting. For home, we kick the flavor up with added seasons of garlic and / or sourthwestern spices to give it a kick. Also, we add a bag of frozen carrots to the pot also. Very nice comforting dish. Easy to make!
I make this soup often, my whole family and the grandkids love it. Very easy to make. It is perfect for fall and winter days. I always have to double it to make it last for a fwe days for lunches.
I cook for an elderly group home. I make this soup often.It is well liked
I add only two things that I believe made a great difference and that was a can of 12.5 oz. kirkland breasts and I used a rice measuring 1/2 cup each of brown and white
rice. My wife loves it and so do I !!Thank You for a wonderful tasting soup.
So Easy and loved the flavor!