“I modified a recipe I received years ago and came up with this versatile salad. It's refreshing served cold on a hot day, but its equally tasty at room temperature or warmed in the microwave.” —Robin Thompson, Roseville, California
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, rice, bouillon and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain if necessary; transfer to a large bowl and cool completely.
- Place green beans in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add the chicken, tomato, onions and green beans to the rice; stir until blended. Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p34
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Wild Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review