Chicken/Wild Rice Hot Dish Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Wash rice; place in a saucepan with water and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and simmer 45-50 minutes or until tender. Drain if necessary.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms, onion and parsley in butter for 5 minutes. Stir in remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, pepper, rice, chicken, pimientos, broth and cream. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cheese and almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 347 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 816 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken/Wild Rice Hot Dish
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.