This is comfort food at it's finest, and perfect for that cold weather hump-day to help get you through the rest of the week.
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2-2/3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, rice, cream and pepper; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Wild Rice Chowder in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p7
Reviews for Chicken Wild Rice Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review