Chicken Wild Rice Chowder Recipe
This is comfort food at it's finest, and perfect for that cold weather hump-day to help get you through the rest of the week.
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2-2/3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, rice, cream and pepper; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC