Chicken Wild Rice Chowder
This is comfort food at it's finest, and perfect for that cold weather hump-day to help get you through the rest of the week.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2-2/3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, onion and celery in butter
- until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the chicken, rice, cream and pepper; heat through.
- Yield: 4 servings.