Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
Casseroles are a staple in my house and this is one of my family's favorites. The wild rice mix makes this extra special.—Crystal Clodfelter, Calhoun, Illinois
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated skim milk
- 12 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook the rice according to package directions, omitting butter; set
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper, milk and
- broth until smooth. Add onion and butter. Bring to boil. Cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a 2-qt. baking dish, combine the chicken, pimientos, parsley,
- sauce and reserved rice. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes
- or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1
-1/2 cups) equals 336 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 895 mg sodium,