Casseroles are a staple in my house and this is one of my family's favorites. The wild rice mix makes this extra special.—Crystal Clodfelter, Calhoun, Illinois
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated skim milk
- 12 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook the rice according to package directions, omitting butter; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper, milk and broth until smooth. Add onion and butter. Bring to boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a 2-qt. baking dish, combine the chicken, pimientos, parsley, sauce and reserved rice. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Wild Rice Casserole in Country Woman March/April 1990, p35
Reviews for Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review