- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated skim milk
- 12 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook the rice according to package directions, omitting butter; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper, milk and broth until smooth. Add onion and butter. Bring to boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a 2-qt. baking dish, combine the chicken, pimientos, parsley, sauce and reserved rice. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Wild Rice Casserole in Country Woman March/April 1990, p35
Reviews for Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2013
"Easy to prepare and tasty. A nice creamy texture without a lot of fat. The boxed rice mix I used called for 2 Tbsp. of butter, so I used the butter in the rice preparation and left it out of the sauce."