Chicken Wild Rice Bake Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. In a bowl, combine rice mix with contents of seasoning packet, carrots, peas and water chestnuts. Combine water and soup; pour over rice mixture and mix well. Transfer to a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with paprika and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Arrange chicken over rice mixture. Cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 170° and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 314 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.