This homey combination is one of my most requested chicken recipes. It's a snap to assemble using a boxed rice mix. Plus, it's low in calories. —Joyce Unruh of Shipshewana, Indiana
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a bowl, combine rice mix with contents of seasoning packet, carrots, peas and water chestnuts. Combine water and soup; pour over rice mixture and mix well. Transfer to a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with paprika and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Arrange chicken over rice mixture. Cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 170° and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Chicken Bake in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p29
Reviews for Chicken Wild Rice Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review