- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a bowl, combine rice mix with contents of seasoning packet, carrots, peas and water chestnuts. Combine water and soup; pour over rice mixture and mix well. Transfer to a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with paprika and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Arrange chicken over rice mixture. Cover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 170° and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Wild Rice Bake
Sort By :
"This recipe is awesome. Didn't change a thing and have made it numerous times!"
"I made this using Near East rice mix and diced my carrots. My husband and I have found a new comfort food ."
"This simple recipe was good for a quick weeknight meal. I didn't have garlic on hand so I just mixed garlic salt with pepper and sprinkled that over the chicken. I also used a butter & herb long grain & wild rice mix."
"This recipe looked appetizing in the book, but I didn't like it for 2 reasons. First, I didn't like the taste of the seasoning packet from the wild rice mix box (I used Uncle Ben's Original) - it was way too strong! Second, the chicken lacked something - salt maybe? Probably this recipe could be tweaked to be good, but I won't waste more time on it."