Chicken Wellington Casserole
A friend shared this recipe after I got married, and it's been my husband's favorite ever since.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter 3-4 minutes on each side
- or until meat juices run clear. Place chicken in a greased 3-cup
- baking dish. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cream cheese,
- mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken.
- Unroll dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. If
- necessary, trim dough to fit top of dish and patch together by
- overlapping edges. Pinch edges to seal. Place over filling. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 471 calories, 32 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 786 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.