A friend shared this recipe after I got married, and it's been my husband's favorite ever since.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear. Place chicken in a greased 3-cup baking dish. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken.
- Unroll dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. If necessary, trim dough to fit top of dish and patch together by overlapping edges. Pinch edges to seal. Place over filling. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Wellington Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p164
Reviews for Chicken Wellington Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review