Chicken Veronique Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and nutmeg. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the wine, marmalade and tarragon. Add to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 3. Combine flour and cream until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes longer or until thickened. Stir in grapes; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/3 cup sauce equals 226 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.