Chicken Veggie Wraps Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 7 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Stir in the tomato, chilies and 3 tablespoons lime juice.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the chili powder, cumin and salt; sprinkle over chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook onion and peppers in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the brown sugar, chicken and remaining lime juice; heat through.
- 4. Spoon 2/3 cup each of rice mixture and chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 395 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Chicken Veggie Wraps
"I grilled the chicken on my contact grill instead of in the pan. We loved this dish! Although it does add a little fat, a sprinkle of cheese and some sour cream makes it even better!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.