- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining chicken.
- In same pan, heat 2 teaspoons oil. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add to chicken.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add asparagus; cook 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add to chicken and mushrooms.
- Add sherry to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons. Return chicken and vegetables to pan; heat through. Remove from heat; stir in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Veggie Skillet
"When I saw this , I thought it would be a good way to use up the last of some leftover turkey, so I used that instead of the chicken. I also used the end of the frozen asparagus from last years garden. It was really tasty! I will definitely make this again when I have more fresh in the garden."
"Didn't think this had much flavor. Maybe it was because I also used a non-stick pan. Maybe next time I would add some fresh thyme with the mushrooms and finish the dish with some fresh parsley."