Chicken Veggie Saute Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 5 minutes on each side or a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm. In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, carrots and broccoli for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, mustard and pepper. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 259 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Veggie Saute
"This is a very nice and easy recipe. I didn't have raw carrots on hand so I substituted a yellow summer squash. I also used canned mushrooms but probably fresh would have been better."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.