Chicken Veggie Saute
Why serve plain chicken breast when you can stir together this satisfying veggie and chicken saute in a matter of minutes.—Joyce Hiebert, Steinbach, Manitoba
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 5 minutes on each side or
- a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm. In the
- drippings, saute the mushrooms, carrots and broccoli for 4-6 minutes
- or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, mustard and pepper. Stir
- into skillet. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with
- noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 259 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 802 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.