Why serve plain chicken breast when you can stir together this satisfying veggie and chicken saute in a matter of minutes.—Joyce Hiebert, Steinbach, Manitoba
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 5 minutes on each side or a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm. In the drippings, saute the mushrooms, carrots and broccoli for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, mustard and pepper. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Veggie Saute in Country Woman January/February 2000, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Veggie Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review