- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness; place each on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12-in. square). Layer the mushrooms, carrots, onions and red pepper over chicken; sprinkle with pepper, thyme and salt if desired.
- Fold foil around chicken and vegetables and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Veggie Packets
"Very surprised at the high ratings...sorry!"
"I've been making this since the recipe came out in 1999...I can't believe I never rated it!! You can substitute chopped onion for the pearl onions, I do it all the time, I also don't add the thyme since it's not a seasoning I'm fond of. You definitely can't go wrong making this recipe...sooo yummy and it's fantastic with rice!! =)"
"My whole family loves this recipe! It is easy to fix with purchasing pre-sliced mushrooms, and baby carrots. If I don't have pearl onions on hand, I substitute chopped sweet onion. My 8 year old daughter likes to help me fix the packets as well."