People think I fussed when I serve these packets. Individual aluminum foil pouches hold the juices in during baking to keep the herbed chicken moist moist and tender. It saves time and makes clean up a breeze.—Edna Shaffer, Beulah, Michigan
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness; place each on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12-in. square). Layer the mushrooms, carrots, onions and red pepper over chicken; sprinkle with pepper, thyme and salt if desired.
- Fold foil around chicken and vegetables and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Veggie Packets in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p20
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Veggie Packets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review