Chicken Veggie Packet
This recipe is a no-fuss way to combine meat and vegetables in one dish. The chicken and vegetables bake together in foil, so there's no pan to wash.Mildred Stubbs, Rockingham, North Carolina
1 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 bone-in chicken breast, skin removed
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken and vegetables in the center of a large pieces of
- heavy-duty aluminum foil, about 18 in. x 13 in. Sprinkle with
- seasonings. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Place on a
- baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until meat juices
- run clear. Open the foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield:
- 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 445 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 178 mg cholesterol, 488 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 70 g protein.