Chicken Veggie Fajitas Recipe
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place chicken and vegetables in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with 1/4 cup lemon juice mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4 minutes.
- 2. Turn chicken and vegetables; drizzle with remaining lemon juice mixture. Broil 4 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Serve on tortillas with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 231 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Chicken Veggie Fajitas
"Very simple and like not marinating if time does not allow. Would make again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.