Chicken Veggie Alfredo
"My family loves this dinner - it's easy to make and a great way to save time after a busy day," notes Jennifer Jordan, Hubbard, Ohio. "If you like, add other veggies to suit your family's tastes."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow
- cooker. In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, corn, peas,
- mushrooms, onion, water, garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a
- meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with linguine. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 435 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,202 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 33 g protein.