"My family loves this dinner - it's easy to make and a great way to save time after a busy day," notes Jennifer Jordan, Hubbard, Ohio. "If you like, add other veggies to suit your family's tastes."
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, corn, peas, mushrooms, onion, water, garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Veggie Alfredo in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p17
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Veggie Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review