- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, corn, peas, mushrooms, onion, water, garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Veggie Alfredo
Sort By :
"Just made this for dinner today and I have to say, I was a little disappointed. It tasted okay....my husband even had a second helping, but we agreed that I would not make this again. I did use a light Alfredo sauce to cut down on fat and calories so maybe we would have liked it better if I had used the full-fat version."
". We did not like it at all. In fact one of the kids and I simply could not eat it and threw it all away. The alfredo sauce ended up tasting like cream of chicken soup after cooking all day with the chicken and veggies. I found this recipe in one of the special chicken issues of TOH, and we hated it so much I came online to rate it."
"As with all TOH recipes, going on a wing here and rating *5*. Have not yet made this, however, planning to make for Father's Day, along with mashed potatoes on side, and of course, blueberry gelatin salad. No doubt, my guy oughta like it."