Chicken Vegetable Soup
"I love eating a big bowl of this colorful fresh-tasting soup on a winter's day," confides Ruth Wimmer of Bland, Virginia. "What a great way to warm up!"
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 small celery rib, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender. Stir in the chicken, tomatoes, salt and
- pepper; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 0 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.