"I'm always looking for recipes that are low in fat but don't taste like it," notes Anna Overton of Lakewood, California. "Even my picky son likes this soup!"
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 small carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, 1-3/4 cups broth, Italian seasoning, garlic and paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and celery leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining broth until smooth; gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p17
Reviews for Chicken Vegetable Soup with Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review