Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 small carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, 1-3/4 cups broth, Italian seasoning, garlic and paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and celery leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining broth until smooth; gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Vegetable Soup(3)
Sort By :
Loved it! Great taste and pretty simple to make (I doubled it to feed 6). I like soups with a decent amount of broth so I added more chicken broth to the recipe. Mine came out a little too salty. I guess it just depends on your taste preference since the other reviews say the opposite. Overall, warm, yummy, and satisfying!
Two things needed to be changed when I made this recipe: the amount of broth and it needed salt (probably what the previous reviewer is needing). I used leftover cooked chicken and turkey so I didn't follow the directions exactly, but I don't know how that would compensate for the miniscule amount of chicken broth. I added at least 1 1/2 cups more. I probably added at least 2 tsp salt. It tasted much better than I was fearing. Next time I chop the onion since I don't like long pieces of slimy onion in there.
Taste was bland. I would make it again but it would need something to punch up the taste.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >