Chicken Vegetable Soup
Not only is this recipe extremely low in fat, but it's as convenient as it is delicious. Chock-full of corn, lentils and tender chunks of chicken, the thick satisfying soup simmers to a heartwarming perfection in the slow cooker.Connie Thomas, Jensen, Utah
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups reduced-fat reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on
- low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings
- (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 140 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat. 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.