Chicken Vegetable Soup
Every grandmother knows that nothing cures a cold better than homemade soup. I find this recipe fits nicely to accommodate my great-grandson and me.
-Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, chicken,
- marjoram, thyme, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through. Discard bay
- leaf. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 240 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 786 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.