Chicken Vegetable Skillet Recipe
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
- 1. Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and shake to coat. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion and carrot in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add the zucchini, squash, garlic, pepper and salt; saute 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to pan; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
3 ounces cooked chicken with 1 cup vegetable mixture equals 259 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.