Chicken Vegetable Skillet Recipe
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
- 1. Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and shake to coat. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion and carrot in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add the zucchini, squash, garlic, pepper and salt; saute 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to pan; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 259 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Vegetable Skillet
"This was a very easy and nutritious entree! I used leftover rotisseried chicken which eliminated the need for bread crumbs and saved on prep and cooking time. A very easy recipe to double to 4 servings although do not add twice the garlic or onion. If you can't buy yellow squash, double the amount of zucchini. After the vegetables are almost tender, add the cubed chicken to the skillet and 1/4 water or chicken broth to keep the vegetables from burning as well as to allow the vegetables and chicken to steam a little before serving. A good complement is to serve with rice or pasta."