In my mid-thirties I realized I had to do something about my health. So I took matters into my own hands and started creating more healthy recipes. This recipe is the result of several experiments with garden-fresh zucchini. I haven't heard any complaints yet! —Katherine Preiss, Penfield, Pennsylvania
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
- Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and shake to coat. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and carrot in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add the zucchini, squash, garlic, pepper and salt; saute 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to pan; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Vegetable Skillet in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p52
Reviews for Chicken Vegetable Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review