Chicken Vegetable Casserole
“This recipe works wonders with leftover turkey or chicken,” says Genia McClinchey of Lakeview, Michigan. “It’s a great quick-and-easy entree to make when company pops in unexpectedly. I always get compliments when I serve it!”
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sour cream until smooth. Beat in
- egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sage; add to creamed
- mixture. Spread into a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup and onion.
- Pour over crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400°
- for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 515 calories, 32 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 1,125 mg sodium,