Chicken Vegetable Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sour cream until smooth. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sage; add to creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup and onion. Pour over crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 515 calories, 32g fat (18g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 1125mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Chicken Vegetable Casserole
"I love this recipe! ! Been making it for years and it is one of my favorites!! I add corn to the mix of veggies. Wondering if I could do it in 2) 9X9 pans and freeze half of it? May have to try that next time!!"
"This was an excellent recipe. My husband and I loved it! Even our kids ate it up!"
"I make this all the time and my brother's family loves it when they come to visit. Very easy to make."
"I liked it, but mine was a little soup. Next time I would put a little corn starch in with the soup. I thought the crust was good, oh and lots of cheese on it."
"mmmmm. makes a quick dinner when you use the precooked chicken strips!"
"This was very good although I'm not too sure about the crust being on the bottom - it sort of disappeared. Next time, I will probably make a bisquick type crust and pour it over top. Otherwise, very hearty and homey!"