“This recipe works wonders with leftover turkey or chicken,” says Genia McClinchey of Lakeview, Michigan. “It’s a great quick-and-easy entree to make when company pops in unexpectedly. I always get compliments when I serve it!”
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sour cream until smooth. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sage; add to creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup and onion. Pour over crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Vegetable Casserole in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p17
Reviews for Chicken Vegetable Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review