Chicken Vegetable Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sour cream until smooth. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sage; add to creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup and onion. Pour over crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Vegetable Casserole(5)
Sort By :
This was an excellent recipe. My husband and I loved it! Even our kids ate it up!
I make this all the time and my brother's family loves it when they come to visit. Very easy to make.
I liked it, but mine was a little soup. Next time I would put a little corn starch in with the soup. I thought the crust was good, oh and lots of cheese on it.
mmmmm. makes a quick dinner when you use the precooked chicken strips!
This was very good although I'm not too sure about the crust being on the bottom - it sort of disappeared. Next time, I will probably make a bisquick type crust and pour it over top. Otherwise, very hearty and homey!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >