From Stevens, Pennsylvania, Sandralee Herr shares her yummy recipe for hot and filling appetizers. “This is a great way to use up leftover chicken,” advises Sandralee. “Sometimes, I serve it with fruit salad for a delicious, light meal for up to four people.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, celery, onion, salt and
- pepper. Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; top each with
- chicken mixture. Fold dough over and seal edges.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 13-17
- minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 turnover equals 169 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.