Chicken Turnovers Recipe
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; top each with chicken mixture. Fold dough over and seal edges.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Turnovers
Sort By :
"These were very good, and the recipe is a good jumping off point for making your own creation. I agree that the crunch from the celery was nice, and I too had a bit of extra leftover, but nothing major. These do require some sort of dipping sauce though, as it can be a bit dry. One thing to try is to sub in bell pepper for the celery, maybe throw in some corn, then after these are baked, dip them in some salsa."
"I must not have measured very well because I had quite a bit of extra chicken mixture. We liked the crunch from the celery. Everyone says it's easy to work with crescent rolls, but I find it tedious. Still, there were a hit."
"These were pretty good, and it seems like they'd be easy to tweak with different ingredients. I made them for lunch for myself and my 2 year old, with a little dipping sauce ;)."
"I added some bacon also !!!"
"I had left over filling but otherwise very good!"