From Stevens, Pennsylvania, Sandralee Herr shares her yummy recipe for hot and filling appetizers. “This is a great way to use up leftover chicken,” advises Sandralee. “Sometimes, I serve it with fruit salad for a delicious, light meal for up to four people.”
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; top each with chicken mixture. Fold dough over and seal edges.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Turnovers in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p59
Reviews for Chicken Turnovers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review