Chicken Tostadas Recipe
If you like Mexican fare, you're going to love these piled-high tostadas! They make a quick-to-fix weekday dinner. —Janet Briggs
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups finely chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups torn romaine
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheets; spritz both sides with cooking spray. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7 minutes; turn and bake 3 minutes longer or until crisp. Set aside.
- 2. In a food processor, process the beans until smooth. In a large saucepan, combine the beans, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin and salsa; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 3. Sprinkle chicken with remaining chili powder and cumin. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, stirring constantly.
- 4. Spread bean mixture over tortillas to within 1/2 in. of edges of tortillas. Top with the chicken, tomatoes, onion and cheese. Bake at 350° for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with romaine. Garnish with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC