- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups finely chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups torn romaine
- Sour cream, optional
- Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheets; spritz both sides with cooking spray. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7 minutes; turn and bake 3 minutes longer or until crisp. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process the beans until smooth. In a large saucepan, combine the beans, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin and salsa; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining chili powder and cumin. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, stirring constantly.
- Spread bean mixture over tortillas to within 1/2 in. of edges of tortillas. Top with the chicken, tomatoes, onion and cheese. Bake at 350° for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with romaine. Garnish with sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Tostadas(1)
Sort By :
These were so yummy! I only used half of the seasonings as our family doesn't like things too spicy, and they were very tasty! Will definitely make again!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >