Chicken Tostada Salad
“If I don't have any tostada shells on hand for this speedy salad, I just heat taco shells, break them in half and lay them flat on the plates. It works just as well.” Great Southwest flavor!
Edie DeSpain - Logan, Utah
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 4 tostada shells
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Divide among
- shells. Top with chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 salad equals 322 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,364 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.