- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 4 tostada shells
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Arrange lettuce mixture over tostada shells. Top with chicken and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Tostada Salad
"Ranch dressing? I don't think so! I thinned down the dour cream with two tablespoons of buttermilk and seasoned it with half a teaspoon cumin. Eliminated the hot sause and used a quarter cup of chunky salsa. I uesed them as a topping after the chicken then sprinkled with cheese. Otherwise, it's a really good recipe!"
"The ranch dressing did not interest me much. I made my own dressing combining lite sour cream and salsa to top this recipe."
"Oh please -- NEVER put ranch dressing on anything mexican. This was awful."
"Not exactly sure what to say about this one. The kids love it, I don't. I'll be making it for them many more times but I'll make myself something else."