Chicken Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon strips, warmed and crumbled
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 to 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, spinach and onions. Add the bacon, oranges, chicken, mozzarella cheese and almonds; toss gently. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1-3/4 cups (prepared with fat-free dressing and 1/2 cup almonds; calculated without Parmesan cheese) equals 220 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.