Chicken Tossed Salad
“My husband is picky about salads, but he loves this combination of fruit, meat and cheese,” says Vanetta Servoss from Southaven, Mississippi. “With a package of greens and fully-cooked bacon, it goes together so quickly.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon strips, warmed and crumbled
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 to 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, spinach and onions. Add
- the bacon, oranges, chicken, mozzarella cheese and almonds; toss
- gently. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if
- desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups (prepared with fat-free dressing and 1/2 cup almonds; calculated without Parmesan cheese) equals 220 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon