Chicken Tortilla Chowder
As a student attending college full-time, I find my time in the kitchen is limited. This recipe helps me have a hot meal on the table when my husband gets home. He's a real meat-and-potatoes man, but he absolutely loves this thick, creamy chowder with tortilla strips that puff up like homemade noodles.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 flour tortillas (6 to 7 inches), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, combine the broth, soups and milk. Stir in the
- chicken, corn, mushrooms, chilies and onions. Bring to a boil. Add
- the tortilla strips. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10
- minutes or until heated through. Add cheese; stir just until melted.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 256 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,132 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.