- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, chilies, broth, soups and onion; set aside. Layer half of the tortillas in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, cutting to fit pan if desired. Top with half of the chicken mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Tortilla Bake
"This recipe was definitely a flop. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out soupy and bland. Super disappointing."
"RedHeaded Texan..yours was a totally different recipe. You should just have submitted it ."
"This is one of my go-to recipes when I need to make dinner in a,short amount time. I use flour tortillas instead of the corn tortillas. I also add a cup of corn to make it a one dish meal.I set out any toppings I have on hand- sour cream, pickled jalapenos, etc & serve with a big salad."
"Enjoyed the recipe but would add in lieu of green chiles chopped jalapenos to spice it up even more."