- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil; add chicken. Reduce heat; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Chicken Tortellini Soup
"I made this last night and was disappointed. Not much flavor. It didn't taste bad but it was just not enough flavor to say it was good. Will not make again and can't recommend this recipe but I do love Taste of Home recipes in general."
"Delicious, easy and healthy! The only addition I would make is to add more liquid. By the time the last two servings were reached in the pot there was very little broth left."
"I make broth a lot and I found an awesome trick. I will use the carcass of a Costco whole chicken, put it in a cheese cloth and simmer for a couple hours with about 3 boxes of store bought broth. I put the wrapped chicken in the pot with the broth and fill the pot to a level I want with water. I always have people asking why my soup is so tasty. A turkey carcass would work too. I'd break it down, put it in cheese cloth to fit in a pot. Very flavorful."
"Tastes great, easy to prepare. A favorite in our home!"
"This soup has a very tasty blend of seasonings & is very easy to make. The tortellini is a nice variation from noodles. I used fresh cauliflower & broccoli in place of the frozen veggies & used leftover chicken.. This makes a thick soup. which I like, but some people might prefer to add more broth."
"I love this recipe! Simple and quick for those days that I don't want spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Canned chicken works well with this recipe."