Chicken Tortellini Skillet
Dinner’s on the table in no time with this tasty chicken and pasta recipe from Chandra Benjamin of Eden Prairie, Minnesota. “I’m a graduate student and live alone, so the recipes I make are inexpensive and make just a few servings,” Chandra notes.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until juices run
- Drain tortellini; add to skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle
- with cheese. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 627 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 1,150 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.