Chicken Tortellini Skillet Recipe
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until juices run clear.
- 2. Drain tortellini; add to skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 418 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 767mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Tortellini Skillet
"Simple, perfect for a weeknight. Needs some seasonings, but otherwise, a keeper! Used refrigerated tortellini......I like those better than frozen."
"Very tasty. I added 2 garlic cloves, a celery stalk, broccoli, and 5 large mushrooms to the sauce....trying to get in my vegetables for my family."
"Hubby hates tomatoes, so I added my own alfredo sauce instead. He loved it. Will make again."
"This was excellent! I did add zucchini and my own red sauce with loads of garlic!"
"So delicious and easy to make! We eat this all the time."
"I made this dish last night for dinner and it was a hit! After cooking it for a few minutes on the stove I put it in the oven to bake for 10 minutes. This made the mozzarella cheese crispy and delicious. I will serve this again and again, thanks for the recipe."
"For some weird reason, frozen tortellini doesn't exist in three Charlotte, NC, food store chains, so I substituted mini ravioli. Made my own seasoned sauce and served with Parm. & shredded cheddar. It is a nice, quick entree. If you feel so inclined, put out a bag salad & you're done!"
"will try it , would also be good with shrimp instead of chicken"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.