- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until juices run clear.
- Drain tortellini; add to skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Tortellini Skillet
"Simple, perfect for a weeknight. Needs some seasonings, but otherwise, a keeper! Used refrigerated tortellini......I like those better than frozen."
"Very tasty. I added 2 garlic cloves, a celery stalk, broccoli, and 5 large mushrooms to the sauce....trying to get in my vegetables for my family."
"Hubby hates tomatoes, so I added my own alfredo sauce instead. He loved it. Will make again."
"This was excellent! I did add zucchini and my own red sauce with loads of garlic!"
"Definitely a will make again dinner! Quick easy with very little prep and the kids were able to help make it and loved it! Added some Meditteranean seasonings to the chicken when cooking for a little flair, but the dish was worth 5 stars for sure!"