Chicken Tortellini Alfredo Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach or cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute broccoli and carrots in 2 tablespoons oil for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the mushrooms, onion and garlic; saute vegetables 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to skillet. Stir in Alfredo sauce and seasonings; heat through. Drain tortellini; add to chicken mixture. Toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 393 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.