Chicken Tortellini Alfredo Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach or cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute broccoli and carrots in 2 tablespoons oil for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the mushrooms, onion and garlic; saute vegetables 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to skillet. Stir in Alfredo sauce and seasonings; heat through. Drain tortellini; add to chicken mixture. Toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 393 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Tortellini Alfredo
"This is really delicious!"
"Loved this! I added salt and pepper to the veggies, chicken and pasta, and it was delicious.....very easy too!!!"
"Very easy to prepare."
"This turned out really well. The tortellini and pasta sauce give it a rich flavor and the dish tastes wonderful with fresh vegetables. But it's not quick and easy, especially if you are a busy mom. It took more time to make than anticipated."
"This is fantastic, I have used Egg Noodles, Penne or Rotini and added some Philly Herb & Garlic Cooking Cream Cheese. It is so good for leftovers too. Make this at least once a week and I am only one person eating it."
"Great idea, but this turned out just like the 'bag-o-meals' I buy as a backup when I have nothing to cook or just really don't care and need something to make. Ya know, those frozen dinners in a bag that you just throw on the stove top and cook for like 15 minutes and viola dinner is done for 2. So not too impressed with the recipe. It was also very bland in flavor. Not going to save this recipe."
"It was really good, but I think next time, I'll do more tortellini and less onion."
"This was out of this world. I used a 12 oz pkg of cheese tortellini. Next time, I will cut the onion smaller. No other changes are needed to be made."
"Great Recipe! I have made this numerous times, and will continue making it!"
"This was so yummy! It has excellent flavor! I added some salt and pepper to the veggies and the meat in addition to the seasonings called for. My husband gave it the thumbs up!"
"This recipe sounds good but 3/4 pound of chicken doesn't sound like enough protein for 6 servings. I'd probably add more."
"Amazing recipe! My family loved it! Great flavours, lots of veggies, will definitely make again :)"
"Very good. Even my picky two year old wanted seconds. Kudos!"
"Delicious and so easy to make! Everyone kept eating it so I will be making this often."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.