- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach or cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute broccoli and carrots in 2 tablespoons oil for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the mushrooms, onion and garlic; saute vegetables 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to skillet. Stir in Alfredo sauce and seasonings; heat through. Drain tortellini; add to chicken mixture. Toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Tortellini Alfredo
"This is really delicious!"
"Loved this! I added salt and pepper to the veggies, chicken and pasta, and it was delicious.....very easy too!!!"
"Very easy to prepare."
"This turned out really well. The tortellini and pasta sauce give it a rich flavor and the dish tastes wonderful with fresh vegetables. But it's not quick and easy, especially if you are a busy mom. It took more time to make than anticipated."